Lacing up a corset back wedding dress
- Take the lace through the top 2 loops, one either side, making sure the ends are even lengths. Note: always thread the loops through in the same way, ie. back to front OR front to back. Do not mix the two or the lace will not tighten up!
- Put top right lace end through the next left loop. Pull through. Make sure the lace is flat & not twisted.
- Now thread the end of the top left lace through the next right loop, & then over to the next left loop again. Repeat this until waist level is reached.
- Starting at the top, tighten each lace by pulling each side at the same time, then moving on to the next loop down on each side & pulling at the same time, taking up the slack. Methodically do this all down. Check the dress is central and secure on the bust and waist.
- Continue lacing up as before (top left over to the right, then back over to the left) until all the loops have been threaded.
- You may find it helps to lean forward and allow your bust to fall into the bust cups before tightening the laces for the last time.
- Be careful not to over tighten the dress on the bust or waistline as this will cause the dress to ride-up on the waistline and be too loose over the bust.
- Tighten up as before and adjust as necessary. Then secure the ends in a neat bow.